You’re probably sick of us saying that water is important for our bodies by now… But just incase you forgot, we’re here to remind you again! We cannot stress this enough since many of us often forget how it can affect us if we’re hydrated or dehydrated.
There are a few signs that tell us if our bodies need more water. One of the easiest ways is to actually look at the colour of your pee (yes, we’re making you look and assess your wee wee).
Other symptoms can include:
If you’re hydrated, your pee should be pale or a very light yellow. If your pee is a darker yellow, DRINK MORE WATER!
It’s also important to note that your pee can be a dark yellow in the morning as urine output is reduced while you’re sleeping (unless you sleep-drink!) therefore it’s more concentrated. Make sure you drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up and don’t reach for that coffee just yet!
Are you drinking enough? We’ve got a urine colour chart for you to see if you’re drinking enough fluids.
If you’re struggling to stay on top of your water levels, there are many other ways you can stay hydrated.
If you’re struggling to stay on top of your water levels, we have a few ideas for you that might help...
1. Invest in a good bottle, preferably something that looks pretty
2. Infuse your water with fruits, vegetables or herbs
3. Have a competition with a friend, set a goal and see who reaches it first
4. Keep a glass or water bottle in sight
5. Have a glass of water with every meal
6. Use a time marked water bottle